Coastal Monitoring is one of remocean’s applications based on its innovative wave radar algorithm.
It represents an integrated solution that allows coastal monitoring, providing real time information on sea state, wave motion close to harbors and coastline, surface currents, as well as offering an analysis of the impact of waves on the coastline and the generation of bathymetry maps.The application provides real time information (in a range up to 3 nautical miles from the radar) about:
- Sea State
- the system provides a graphical and textual representation of:
- direction, length and period of primary and secondary dominant waves;
- significant wave height;
- average values for direction, spread, period and length of waves;
- Surface Currents:
- interactive high resolution map on free/ENC cartography;
- Directional Spectrum:
- 2D representation of waves in the wave number domain;
- Wave Motion:
- Space-Time Reconstruction of waves;
- High definition radar image overlapped on interactive map on free/ENC cartography.
REMOCEAN – Coastal Monitoring Brochure