The Remocean company was born as the spin-off of the National Research Council (CNR) of Italy. Over the years, the company has funded CNR’s research activities, which then transferred the research results to the company that turned them into products and applications for the market. Below are some of the scientific publications about the collaboration between CNR and the company.
- Serafino, C. Lugni, and F. Soldovieri, “Sea Topography reconstruction from X-band radar images”, Advances in Geosciences, 2008, Vol. 19, pp 83-86.
- Serafino, C. Lugni, and F. Soldovieri, “A novel strategy for the surface current determination from marine X-band radar data”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, April 2010, Vol. 7, pp 231-234.
- Serafino, J. Horstmann, J. C. Nieto Borge, C. Lugni, M. Brocchini, “Sensors for Coastal Monitoring”, Editorial on Journal of Sensors, vol. 2016
- Serafino, C. Lugni, J. C. Nieto Borge, V. Zamparelli1 and F. Soldovieri, ‘Bathymetry Determination via X-Band Radar Data: A New Strategy and Numerical Results’, Sensors 2010, 10(7), pp. 6522-6534
- Francesco Serafino, Claudio Lugni, Josè Carlos Nieto Borge, and Francesco Soldovieri, ‘A Simple Strategy to Mitigate the Aliasing Effect in X-band Marine Radar Data: Numerical Results for a 2D Case’ , Sensors 2011, 11(1), 1009-1027.
- Serafino, C. Lugni, G. Ludeno, D. Arturi, M. Uttieri, B. Buonocore, E. Zambianchi, G. Budillon, F. Soldovieri, “REMOCEAN: a flexible X band radar system for sea state monitoring and surface current estimation”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 9, no.5, pp. 822-826, 2012
- Ludeno, S. Flampouris, C.Lugni, F.Soldovieri, F. Serafino, “A novel approach based on marine radar data analysis for high resolution bathymetry map generation”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2013,DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2013.2254107
- Ludeno G, Reale F, Dentale F, Carratelli EP, Natale A, Soldovieri F, Serafino F. ‘An X-Band Radar System for Bathymetry and Wave Field Analysis in a Harbour Area’. 2015; 15(1):1691-1707.
- Ludeno, F. Reale, F. Dentale, E. Pugliese Carratelli, A. Natale, F. Serafino, “Estimating nearshore bathymetry from X-band radar data”, Coastal Ocean Observing Systems: Advances and Syntheses, edited by Y. Liu, H. Kerkering and R. H. Weisberg, Elsevier (2015).
- Ludeno, C. Nasello, F. Raffa, G. Ciraolo, F. Soldovieri, F. Serafino, “A Comparison between Drifter and X-Band Wave Radar for Sea Surface Current estimation”, Remote Sensing, 2016, 8, 695; doi:10.3390/rs8090695
- Ludeno, A. Orlandi, C. Lugni, C. Brandini, F. Soldovieri, F. Serafino, ‘X-band marine radar system for high speed navigation purposes: a test case on a cruise ship’, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 2013, DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2013.2254464
- Ludeno, G. ; Brandini, C. ; Lugni, C. ; Arturi, D. ; Natale, A. ; Soldovieri, F. ; Gozzini, B. ; Serafino, F., “Remocean System for the Detection of the Reflected Waves from the Costa Concordia Ship Wreck”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (J-STARS), July 2014, Volume 7, Number 7, ISSN 1939-1404, doi: 10.1109/JSTARS.2014.2321048
- Granström , A. Natale, P. Braca , G. Ludeno, F. Seraﬁno, “Gamma Gaussian Inverse Wishart Probability Hypothesis Density for Extended Target Tracking using X-Band Marine Radar Data”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. PP , issue 99, pp: 1-15, doi: 10.1109/TGRS.2015.2444794
- Raffa, G. Ludeno, B. Patti, F. Soldovieri, S. Mazzola, F. Serafino, “X-Band Wave Radar for Coastal Upwelling Detection off the Southern Coast of Sicily”, Journal Of Atmospheric And Oceanic Technology, Vol. 34, Jan 2017.
Francesco Serafino, “Process for the localization of targets drifting in the sea”, Patent n° EP2562558 B1, Jul. 2014.